Artisan Bakery Production Manager
Live and work in the most beautiful area of Canada, the sunny Okanagan!
Kelowna is the fastest growing region in Canada with wineries, world class skiing and mountain biking and an international airport.
Bliss Bakery is an award winning bakery with 3 locations, Peachland, Kelowna and our gorgeous production kitchen in West Kelowna. We have been operating for over 18 years and are seeking a Bakery Production Manager.
Everything we sell is made from scratch and we mould all of our breads by hand. We are not a big commercial bakery. We sell all of our products in our stores and are known for our amazing small batch products. We make all of our croissants and puff pastry in house.
The ideal candidate for this role will have extensive experience working in the baking industry, in either a manager or supervisory role. On hands extensive experience and/or a red seal certification are both great assets. If you have not yet achieved your red seal, the owner is a red seal certified baker and will apprentice the ideal candidate.
The owner is stepping back slightly from his role as head baker and looking for someone who wants the opportunity to earn a very competitive wage, full benefits, and many other perks. We are not looking for another baker, we are looking for a motivated leader.
The Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the Bakery Production including staffing, quality assurance, daily production, ordering , inventory and working closely with the owners to assist with marketing and sales growth. They will ensure the bakery and all equipment are running smoothly and production targets are being met. The Bakery manager will work with staff to ensure they are all trained appropriately and learning new skills as needed. The manager will also develop new recipes and product lines to keep the bakery relevant in an ever competitive market. In addition, the Bakery Manager will be responsible to maintain inventory levels and ordering supplies as needed. Lastly the manager will monitor product costing and financial performance of the bakery and make decisions to improve profitability.
- To oversee the daily operations of the bakery and ensure that all products are made according to company standards.
- To develop and implement marketing plans for the bakery in order to increase sales and profitability.
- To manage and train all employees in the bakery, including bakers, decorators, and frontend staff.
- To develop new recipes and products for the bakery that will appeal to customers.
- To monitor food costs and inventory levels in order to keep within budget constraints.
- Manage the day to day operations of the bakery production
- Ensure all products are made to the highest standards
- Monitor inventory levels, quality control and rotation and order supplies as needed
- Train and supervise staff including bakers, croissant production and specialty products
- Create new recipes and flavour combinations for cookies, croissants, breads, muffins and other pastries
- Work closely with the owners to develop marketing strategies to promote Bliss Bakery and our products
- Oversee financial aspects of the role including ingredient costs, wage allocation, margins and food costs.
This is a full time salary role with the expectation that the successful manager will work 40-50 hours per week as needed. The salary will be $45,000 – $60,000 dependent on the experience of the successful applicant. Additionally full benefits are offered and other benefits or bonuses can be negotiated. The managers hours will split between day and night shift as needed.
If you would like to take hold of your future and work with and for an amazing company, send your outstanding cover letter and resume to email@example.com and lets talk about this opportunity!